Fastpitch Softball SOPs
1. Single games start at 4:00, double headers start at 3:30.
2. There will be no hitting practice allowed on the infield prior to the game by either team. No hitting in the cage prior to or during the game.
3. At least one (1) association umpire is to be used.
4. Each team will be allowed ten (10) minutes of infield practice, with the visiting team taking infield
first. If the visiting team has not arrived by 20 min. prior to game time, the home team must take
5. All players shall be in the lineup and will bat prior to any player batting a second time.
Single game format only.
6. If one team is ahead by ten (10) runs at the end of the fifth inning or any subsequent inning, the
team leading will be declared the winner.
7. Game Length:
a) Each game will be scheduled for 7 innings. No inning shall start 2 hours after beginning time.
Ties are allowed. Extra innings will be played if begun prior to the 2 hour time limit.
b) Double Header Games: A team will play first and no inning will start after 1 1/2 hours from
beginning of game. B team will play second with no inning starting after 1 1/2 hours of beginning
8. Catchers are required to use a mask and catcher’s helmet, as well as a chest protector and shin
guards. Batters are required to wear a helmet with a mask attached.
9. Metal cleats are allowed.
10. The league softball shall be a 12” Federation-approved fastpitch ball. One new ball will be furnished
by the home team for each game.
11. Unlimited substitution is allowed for every position (a player may re-enter a game more than once).
12. The Federation rule governing foul balls is waived for Gold League softball games. Unlimited foul
balls are allowed on the third strike.
13. The pitching rubber will be 40’ from home plate. Bases will be 60’ for fastpitch.
14. Any half-inning ends after 5 runs or 3 outs. Only 5 runs shall be scored in the official score book
15. WIAA and National Federation rules apply.
16. If a team is ahead by 10 or more runs they are not allowed to steal to advance to the next base. If
at any time the teams score is below 10 runs, they are allowed to steal.