Boys and Girls Basketball SOP
GIRLS AND BOYS BASKETBALL
- Starting time: 4:00 PM. Starting time will be 3:30 when 3 games are played at the same site. Total season includes 12 weeks. Minimum number of practice days per player is 8. Regular season game limit is 10 plus a jamboree.
- Order of competition is C, B, A.
- Player participation limits:
- Each player is limited to participation in four quarters of play in any one day. Any appearance in a quarter, regardless of length of time played, is to be considered as one quarter. The game in which the player exceeds his/her allotted four quarters shall be automatically forfeited by the team using the player.
- There shall be no more than three games per week per squad.
- All quarters for all games on a night when there are three games will be 7 minutes. When there are less then three games the quarters will be 8 minutes.
- Anyone at the scorer’s table shall remain neutral and refrain from fan or coaching behavior and act as a contest worker only.
- At least one registered official for basketball games. See page 4 number 9.
a) Full court press is not allowed if pressing team is ahead by twenty or more points.
b) There is no pressing below the B level games (C & D levels).
- It is recommended adults keep the home scorebook. Scorekeepers should sit side by side.
- WIAA and National Federation rules apply.
- Pre-game warm-up will be 10 minutes in length. Halftime will be 5 minutes.
- 4 minute overtime with addition of 1 time-out per overtime. (By National Federation Rule Book)
- Running clock starts at 40 points in the second half.
- When crossover games B vs C or A vs B, SOP’s for lowest level shall be used.